Republic Services Chemical Technician in Bloomington, Minnesota
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Non Core Helper – Chemical Technician is responsible for managing collection, segregation and commingling of household hazardous waste (HHW) at the Bloomington, Minnesota collection site.
- • Receives and sorts HHW, problem materials and recyclables. • Lab packs HHW for shipment. • Identifies unknown HHW. • Segregates and tracks free products. • Answers phone calls/disseminates program/waste information. • Labels, marks and updates drums for shipment, logs and documents. • Ensures and maintains cleanliness of facilities, including spill cleanup in accordance with all safety procedures. Ensures compliance with all safety practices, rules, regulations, permits, contracts and county program policies. • Assists with maintaining compliance records. • Participates in and complies with all site, facility and waste inspections. • Operates a forklift and floor sweeper. • Interacts and cooperates with the public, county vendors and other employees. • Performs other duties as assigned.
First aid/CPR certification/training.
Previous experience working with the public.
- Associates degree from an accredited program in Applied Science or Chemical Technology which included 6 chemistry classes; or a four year degree with 6 chemistry classes from an accredited college; or 5 years of work related experience.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
We work for Earth. Every day, we come to work with two purposes in mind – serving our customers and doing our part to preserve our Blue Planet®. Our commitment to both has led to such things as landfill innovations, solar energy projects, community education designed to teach people to properly recycle, ongoing efforts to reduce our vehicle emissions and improving safety through technology—to name a few. To put it simply, we are 35,000 guardians of the environment, striving to make the world a better place.
Republic Services is more than a recycling and waste services company. We are a company dedicated to turning waste into possibilities. Together, united under the Republic Star, we are working for a cleaner, safer and healthier world where people thrive, not just for today, but for generations to come.
- Republic Services Jobs