State of Minnesota College Laboratory Asst 1 in Duluth, Minnesota
Under limited supervision, this position assists faculty in the Auto Body Technician and Auto Mechanic Technician Programs, with shop safety and regulatory compliance, hazardous waste monitoring and disposal, tool and equipment inventory and maintenance, and departmental paperwork (e.g. purchase orders, budget tracking, customer service paperwork and donations).
- Post-secondary or industry certificate/diploma/degree or relevant licensure in Auto Mechanics and/or Auto Body, or
- 6 months of teaching/tutoring experience in Auto Mechanics and/or Auto Body at a high school level or above, or
- 2 years of work experience in Auto Mechanics and/or Auto Body where no degree/certificate/diploma/licensure is required, or
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of hazardous waste disposal processes, safety and regulatory compliance, and LSC policy and procedures.
- Proven ability to be self-motivated.
- Strong Communications skills.
- Basic record-keeping, budget monitoring, and billing.
- Experience with computer applications to include: Microsoft, Automotive software (eg. Shopkey, Icar, Mitchell I, etc.).
- Experience with, and commitment to, working with diverse populations.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor/.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact LeAnn Ulvi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-733-1068.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
Job Title: College Laboratory Asst 1
Job ID: 43940
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 02/17/2021
Closing Date: Posting will remain open until position is filled
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota State/Lake Superior College
Hiring Agency: Minnesota State/Lake Superior College
Appointment Type: Full Time Seasonal
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours: Day Shift
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $17.76 - $24.48 /hourly
Job Class Option: Autobody
Classified Status: Classified
Job Class: College Laboratory Assistant 1
Working Title: CLA 1 - Auto Body/Auto Mechanic