Jabil Manufacturing Engineer II in Maple Grove, Minnesota
At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world – it’s our reason for being and the guiding force that’s driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we’re serving one of the world’s biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
Provides manufacturing engineering and technical support to manufacturing, cost reduction and product development projects. This includes equipment and process development, validations, and troubleshooting. Performs various engineering assignments that support Jabil’s objectives. Assignments require the investigation of several variables.
Applies engineering principles in managing, supporting, and maintaining the production of new and
existing products and implementation of design changes and product improvements.
· Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of the engineering project or work as part
of a major project.
· Performs independently on most assignments with instructions as to the general results expected.
Documents work and reviews progress and results with manager.
· Designs and develops production processes, fixturing and equipment.
· Develops IQ/OQ/PQ protocols, conducts testing and writes reports for products and manufacturing
equipment for processes validation.
· Develop and optimize work instructions and procedures.
· Identifies the root cause of manufacturability yield and specification issues, implements corrective actions
for those relating to design, and communicates findings to other team members or to those responsible
for other types of issues.
· Work with quality to develop root cause/corrective actions on non-conformances.
· Interfaces with Production, Quality, customer engineering, and/or supplier to resolve manufacturing,
quality, equipment, product design, and/or component issues so as to meet company’s objectives.
· Works cross functionally with Production, Quality, customer engineering to establish project
requirements, planning, analysis, implementation and progress.
· Implements product quality and process improvement programs.
· Communicates well orally and in writing. Able to present ideas and proposals to all levels of the
· Generates engineering documentation (specifications, risks analysis, drawings, reports, protocols,
· Participates in design reviews. Communicates with applicable resources to assess manufacturing
feasibility and potential issues of product changes and new products.
· Reviews and signs quality records and engineering documents as applicable.
· Implements cost reduction and margin improvement programs.
· Complies with applicable safety rules and recommendations.
· May be assigned to supervise other personnel. · Complies with and ensures that subordinates, contract employees, and suppliers comply with Jabil’s Quality System and safety requirements. · Performs other assignments as directed.
EDUCATION AND MINUMUM REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field.
· Minimum of 3 years of Manufacturing/Sustaining engineering experience.
· Minimum of 1-2 years of medical device experience.
· Working knowledge of IQ/OQ/PQ and PPQ.
· Proficient in SolidWorks/AutoCad, Minitab, and Microsoft Office Applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and
· Experience working in an ISO/FDA regulated industry and manufacturing environment preferred.
· Experience in writing and maintaining technical documentation.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.