Aerotek Large Animal Research Technician/Surgical Technician in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Looking to interview and hire asap!
Summary: Provides care for laboratory animals before and after surgical procedures, including ongoing monitoring, data collection and providing for their basic needs in support of interventional and studies in accordance with SOPs and study protocols while adhering to GLP and non-GLP study guidelines as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains knowledge of applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in order to successfully perform job duties, and GLP regulations in order to implement appropriate regulations as they apply to the non-clinical research environment and individual protocols.
• Dispenses medications as prescribed by veterinarian and/or protocol specifications.
• Performs and documents a variety of activities, including but not limited to, routine clinical observations, charting of physiological data and animal health status, taking study-required animal weights, documentation of maintenance medicine administration, etc.
• Administers start-up medications, monitors the fasting of animals, and performs pre-procedure animal weights and clinical observations.
• Monitors animals during their critical recovery phase on the days following surgery, including performing TPRs (temp, pulse, respiration), auscultation of the heart and lungs, assessing pain of animals at incision sites, changing wound dressings and administering medications.
• Performs intravenous blood draws.
• Performs preventive health maintenance such as administering maintenance medications, administering anthelmintics and vaccinations, ointment applications, hoof and nail trims including sedation as needed, bathing and ear cleaning.
• Performs all aspects of veterinary care and general husbandry procedures according to established procedures, guidelines and study protocols that meet the acceptable criteria of the veterinarian.
• Communicates with veterinary staff, supervisor and study directors regarding living conditions and medical status of animals.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists with training newer large animal research technicians.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs