Aerotek Prep & Recovery Technician in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Summary: Performs surgical preparation, and provides care for laboratory animals during surgical preparation and surgical recovery in support of interventional and surgical studies in accordance with SOPs and study protocols while adhering to GLP and non-GLP study guidelines as required.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Maintains knowledge of applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in order to successfully perform job duties, and GLP regulations as they apply to the preclinical research environment and individual protocols.
Monitors animals during the initial post-operative critical recovery phase during the first day immediately following surgery, including performing TPRs (temp, pulse, respiration), auscultation of the heart and lungs, assessing pain of animals at incision sites, changing wound dressings and administering medications.
Prepares animals for surgery including anesthetic calculations, performing sedation and induction, intubation, IV catheter placement, monitoring anesthesia, specimen collections and surgical site preparation.
Performs and documents a variety of activities, including but not limited to monitoring and charting of physiological data during surgical prep and recovery, documentation of medication administration, etc.
Dispenses medications as prescribed by veterinarian and/or protocol specifications.
Collects necessary lab work such as blood, fecal and urine collection and processing, etc.
Communicates with veterinary staff, supervisor and study directors regarding medical status of animals and recovery process.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operates, cleans and maintains gas anesthesia machines, autoclave and other surgical equipment routinely utilized.
• Maintains an efficient and clean work area by organizing surgical prep and recovery areas.
• Assists with other duties as assigned.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a veterinary, biology or other animal science-related field is required, and a Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) or ALAT certification is preferred.
• Knowledge of research animal physiology, pharmacology, and general animal care required.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs