Aerotek Small Animal Technician in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Provides for the basic needs of small laboratory animals by performing animal husbandry tasks such as feeding, weighing, and preventive health maintenance activities, by providing social interaction with the animals, and by maintaining a clean living environment according to company SOPs.
- Cleaning animal rooms once per day
- Performing husbandry checks, bedding changes and feeding once per day per animal room
- Sanitizing housing or caging at least once per week
- Working in cage wash area when scheduled
- Weighing animals when necessary
- Microchipping animals when necessary
- Refilling food and supplies in the facility when necessary
- Receiving new animals and putting them in cages
- Doing laundry for the facility when necessary
- Document all of their activities on forms or in binders (date, time and initials)
Zoology, Animal Technician, animal science, animal husbandry, Husbandry, Animal handling, Animal husbandry, Veterinary, Biology
Top Skills Details:
Animal handling Animal husbandry Animal science
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
MUST HAVES: --High School Diploma or GED --6 months experience working with animals --Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Qualifications are: - High school diploma or GED. - Previous animal handling experience. - Basic computer skills such as email, word processing and data entry into spreadsheets. - The ability to use cleaning equipment, such as hoses with spray nozzles, and work in moist environments for long periods of time, to ability move freely around and respond to small animals, and the ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs