Aerotek Surgical Technician in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Summary: Provides care for laboratory animals during surgical procedures, and provides assistance to clients as needed in support of interventional and surgical studies in accordance with SOPs and study protocols while adhering to GLP and non-GLP study guidelines as required.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintains knowledge of applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in order to successfully perform job duties, and GLP regulations as they apply to the preclinical research environment and individual protocols.
• Prepares surgical and catheter lab suites for procedures, including setting up instruments and stocking study-specific supplies.
• Monitors anesthesia and animal vitals during surgical, interim and terminal procedures.
• Assists during interventional procedures by performing QCA or QVA measurements, and producing and maintaining accurate records of those measurements in CD, DVD or paper format.
• Operates specialized software-driven equipment, fluoroscopy and 3D imaging, etc. in support of procedures.
• Provides customer service to clients through professional interactions and by responding to client requests.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares and maintains surgical instruments through washing, drying and proper storage. Assembles surgical packs and processes sterile packs via autoclave or ethylene oxide.
• Operates, cleans and maintains gas anesthesia machines, autoclave and other surgical equipment routinely utilized.
• Maintains an efficient and clean work area by organizing and re-stocking catheter labs, operating rooms, and the general storeroom as needed.
• Assists with other duties as assigned.
Preclinical, Anesthesia, Biology, Animal handling, Veterinary, Animal Science, Animal Research, Husbandry, Animal Husbandry
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a veterinary, biology or other animal science-related field is required, and a Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) or ALAT certification is preferred.
• Knowledge of research animal physiology, pharmacology, and general animal care required.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
**Cannot currently be in school. Strongly prefer candidates with COMPLETED DEGREES.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs