Kelly Services Senior Mechanical Engineer - Medical Device in Plymouth, Minnesota
Purpose and Scope
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the design of mechanical components and coordinating all associated activities such as testing, documenting and design reviews. They act as the primary mechanical designer on the interdepartmental project team. This role is relied upon to be a technical resource for junior engineers in regards to mechanical design. They are also responsible for the development of requirements, DFMEA’s, drawings and 3D CAD models.
Primary Organization Responsibilities
· Create / improve mechanical designs for the Disposable Team
· Responsible for the Mechanical portion of the Device History File for Disposable Team
· Mentor junior team members to improve their design abilities
· Create product requirements and develop risk analysis
· Order samples, build and test prototypes
· Host design reviews
· Assist with complaint investigations, CAPA’s, IN’s and any other consumable product related issues
· Assist with verification testing related to disposable products
· Perform other duties as directed or assigned
Personal Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field is required. Advanced technical or management degree preferred.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in medical device manufacturing and process development. (Specific experience with Class 2/3 devices is preferred).
· Possess strong organization, engineering, analytical and communication skills
· Be comfortable in a fast paced, evolving, and entrepreneurial organization
· Set a fast pace for the organization
· Experience with CAD software
· Experience with injection molding, machining and 3D printing is preferred
· Possess the ability to be able to build product as required
· Be extremely comfortable with accountability and being challenged to improve both their organization and the company’s performance against quality goals
Why Kelly ® ?
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
- Kelly Services Jobs