Calspan Corporation Senior Aero/Thermal Engineer in St. Paul, Minnesota
Calspan ASE is the world’s number one supplier of ground-based testing solutions and expertise for the aerospace industry. Our customers get a single, experienced partner to help them efficiently validate engine and airframe performance across development, production and maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO). We are looking for a motivated Senior Aero/Thermal engineer to provide aerodynamic and other design and analysis services to assist in developing wind tunnels, jet engine test cells, and other aerospace ground test facilities.
• Provide design solutions, concepts, analysis, and calculations for aerodynamic, fluidynamic, and thermodynamic systems utilized in ground test facilities
• Support marketing quotations with tradeoffs, analyses and recommendation for optimal and cost-effective solution
• Partner with other team members to perform aerodynamic field surveys of existing facilities and assist in commissioning and validating new facilities.
• Assist in selecting and specifying process equipment for various customer facilities.
• Develop and present technical customer presentations. Represent Calspan ASE and domain expertise at industry conferences
Preferred Education / Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in aerodynamics, aeronautics, aeroacoustics, heat transfer or related discipline
• 5+ years of related experience or;
• A combination of education and experience equivalent to above
Preferred Knowledge / Ability:
• Experience in aerodynamics, thermodynamics, aeroacoustics, and heat transfer preferred.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in fluidynamics, thermodynamics, and statistics.
• Understanding of low to supersonic airflows, heat exchanger, combustion, turbomachinery, CFD, hot wire anemometry, optical measurement methods (such as shadowgraph, Schlieren, PSP, PIV, LDV) or other related technology.
• A strong background in aeroacoustics and familiar with FFTs, linear algebra, microphones measurement, dynamic data acquisition, computer software skills (especially Fortran, Matlab, Linux)
• Knowledge of microphone array processing techniques and jet noise is useful.
• Demonstrated team player with interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to travel both domestic and international
• Must be U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder
Benefits Package: Our goal is to provide Calspan employees and their families with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits include: Health Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, 401(k), Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Universal Life Insurance Policy, Paid-Time Off, Company-paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty, Military Leave, Employee Assistance Program and Educational Assistance Reimbursement.
Calspan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Calspan supports safe and drug free workplace through pre-employment background checks and drug testing.
Job ID: 2021-1504
External Company Name: Calspan Corporation
External Company URL: https://www.calspan.com/
Street: 358 Fillmore Avenue